Hisashiburi!!
Well, Milford track was gorgeous, incredible, beautiful, difficult, well worth the effort. We walked through enchanted forests, trees dripping with moss, beside rivers fed by waterfalls tumbling hundreds of metres down the rocky cliffs of the valley we wandered through, over a mountain, through a cloud of white mist, down a rocky dry riverbed, around rock-faces on hand-cut tracks, around reflective pools, explored inside a bell-shaped rock, marvelled at the birds and the stars and the sunsets. My boots died and my blisters still haven't healed but all good!
Since the tramp I've been back in Dunedin working some shifts @ the cafe, hangin with my family, meeting up with a few old friends. Tomorrow I start a new adventure. Am moving up to Christchurch to start a teaching course. Feeling kinda nervous/ excited/ stressed but good to be heading in some kind of direction. Floating has been good & fun but I'm ready to "settle down" for a bit now and get into educating the next generation =)

1 Comments:
sounds delightful!
wish I could get out for some hiking.
Good luck with the move to Christchurch, the youth of the nation has been warned.
Post a Comment
<< Home