Time
Time. Been thinking about how I spend mine and how I prioritise the never-ending list of things i have to/ want to do. At the moment balance is definately swayed towards the 'have to', although it does help that (today @ least!) i do want to do the things i have to do (today I spent about 3hrs creating a 'statistics with napolean dynamite' powerpoint...you get the picture!).
Feeling the need to make a bit more time for the "want to's" though... aah the things I would do if I only had the time =) Writing music, reading books, yoga, running, finally putting together a photo album of Japan, cleaning my bike, gardening, taking photos, re-learning the violin, drinking coffee with friends I would meet if I had the time.... Actually, to be honest, I've had the time in the past and found that when one is in posession of excess time, one never uses it well or appreciates it. Sad but true.
So much time wasted too!! Really noticing that at school. Kids will turn up to class and just waste time... what's the point in coming if you're just going to sit there and draw pictures in your math book? It's amazing how many kids have slipped through the system, time-wasting and end up in year 12 still not knowing that there are 100cm in a metre, or what a mean is. Classes are for learning, not sitting out a timed sentence before the bell rings and you can move. hmn...!!
Then again, is "wasting time" really wasting time? I guess it can be. There has to be a difference between doing nothing, 'wasting' time, wishing it to pass quickly, and stopping and appreciating the now, letting the moment carry you, taking time to smell the lavender, feel the weight of your feet on the ground, listen to the sounds around you, watch the sunset and breathe. Bring on more stopping and being, and more time on 'want-to's' =) (once I finish this next lesson plan;)

1 Comments:
Profound ! You should read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now".
Post a Comment
<< Home