Feeling kinda reflective thisevening... sunday nights tend to be a bit like that: pondering approaches to the week ahead. Has been a good weekend-went & saw 'minisnap' and 'the clean' play last nite @ jetset lounge. Been a while since I've been to see live music & really must make more of an effort to get out & see more-it keeps my soul alive. The clean are an old-school kiwi band from Dunedin & had a groovey/ punk/ melodic sound which resonated with the mostly aging crowd reliving their glory days. I liked them too. Very NZ set-up with iconic tea-towels & kids doodles of faces decorating the set.
Tomorrow I'm teaching 4 classes, full control. Going to be a big one... hope they go well! Have certainly spent enough hours thinking & doing prep for them! Thats one thing about teaching-you've never finished. Planning takes as long as you let it. My latest approach is to leave things til the evening before-that way I have to only spend 1 or 2hrs on a lesson... problem with this is that I spend all the time before that processing ideas still. Time management not so much an issue as mind-management: putting things on a mental shelf to deal with when necessary & leaving free mental space to focus on the moment at hand when cooking afghans, listening to music, dreaming, lying in the sun at the beach... yeah, maybe I am getting better @ it =) Only 1 & a half more weeks left in this placement. Don't really want to leave this school-its nice... paradise high they call it... can only go downhill from here.. into 'learning experiences'...
We're having our flat-warming this coming Saturday 4pm onwards. Come along, bring drinks & something to throw on the bbq.

2 Comments:
Twas an enjoyable house warming.
good to see you settled in such a lovely home and street with such good flatmates. Dad
Twas an enjoyable house warming.
good to see you settled in such a lovely home and street with such good flatmates. Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home